COGOS partners with Maruti Suzuki to offer CNG vehicles

94
1
COGOS partners with Maruti Suzuki to offer CNG vehicles

COGOS, the homegrown intra-city logistics startup, joined India's largest automaker Maruti Suzuki to provide easy adoption of compressed natural gas CNG vehicles among the driver partners of COGOS.

Prasad Sreeram, CEO Co-Founder of COGOS, said in a statement that we are glad to announce this partnership with Maruti Suzuki, which will help us in supporting our driver partners. We would like to thank Kalyani Motors for their support. Our long-term goal will always be to support and educate our driver partners, and this is just a step in the right direction. The initiative is a first in the logistics sector and is available for CNG vehicles to promote sustainable and green logistics. The offer was implemented with the help of Kalyani Motors, Maruti Udyog's Kalyani Motors to promote the Driver-Cum Owner DCO model throughout the nation.

Around 50 per cent of the country's $150 billion transportation logistics market is in the short-haul and last-mile delivery sectors. 30 per cent of this is currently serviced by third-party logistics, with the remaining 70 per cent being fragmented among many small vendors and DCOs.

Small transporters usually operate a fleet and rent them out to their clients under fixed contracts. Others follow the DCO model and seek business through freight brokers and freight consolidators who take a commission.

COGOS has partnered with multiple financial institutions to enable easy financing for driver-partners when buying EVs. It recently acquired Porter's fast-moving consumer goods FMCG trade business, and announced its expansion in three states earlier in the year.