Microsoft has committed to bringing the video game title Call of Duty to Nintendo platforms for the first time.
The deal was announced on Twitter by Phil Spencer, the chief executive of Microsoft Gaming.
Nintendo said the Microsoft announcement was true, but they didn't want to comment further.
Microsoft is buying Activision Blizzard, the maker of Call of Duty, in a planned $69 billion deal in January, the biggest gaming industry deal in history.
The deal has raised concerns among regulators that it could stifle competition.
Last month, it was reported that Microsoft's bid to acquire the video game publisher could face a major roadblock.
The people familiar with the matter said that the FTC is likely to file an antitrust lawsuit to block the $69 billion takeover.
The FTC's concerns is whether acquiring Activision would give Microsoft an unfair boost in the video game market.
Sony is concerned that if Microsoft made hit games like Call of Duty exclusive to its platforms, Sony would be severely disadvantaged.
Microsoft has pledged to make Call of Duty available on Sony's Playstation console, and recently made an offer to give Sony access to the game for the next 10 years.
The EU opened a full-scale investigation last month. The EU competition enforcer said it would decide whether to clear or block the deal by March 23, 2023.
Microsoft competes with Sony Group Corp and Nintendo in the global video game industry.