Bomb threat call that led to delay of Indian-Pune flight

Bomb threat call that led to delay of Indian-Pune flight

An Indian-Pune Vistara Airlines flight was delayed at IGI Airport in Delhi after a bomb threat call which later turned out to be hoaxes, security sources and police said. The bomb threat assessment committee has declared the call, received at 7:38 a.m., non-specific or hoax at 2:15 p.m. The airline has issued a security clearance for use of the aircraft after thorough security checks, the sources said. Police said flights of UK 971 were to depart at 8: 30 am and finally leave at 4.30 am. According to the sources, more than 100 passengers and five cabin crew were aboard the Airbus A 320 aircraft. A senior Delhi Police officer said a threat call received at the Delhi International Airport Limited DIAL control room in Gurugram was transferred to them through the Central Industrial Security Force CISF following the call.

We looked at the aircraft from inside and outside, but nothing suspicious was found. A case is being registered and further investigation is ongoing, the officer said on condition of anonymity.

Airport security sources said the caller said three bombs have been kept in flight no UK 971 parked at gate no 42 and they will explode in an hour.

All passengers and crew of the flight were de-boarded and anti-sabotage checks were carried out in an isolation bay at the Indira Gandhi International Airport.

The bomb threat assessment committee BTAC was convened short after the call was received and bomb detector equipment and sniffer dogs were pressed into service by the CISF while passengers' luggage was sent for re-check.

The airline says it is working with the security agencies.

We confirmed that the flight from Delhi to Pune on August 18th, 2023, was delayed due to mandatory security checks, the airline said in a statement.

The company said it is making all efforts to minimise inconvenience to our customers, including offering them refreshments.